Uses UltiPro Compensation Management to Address Gaps in Gender Pay During Annual Salary Planning
- Ensures that managers understand company’s compensation plan and have clarity around the factors that drive it
- Expedites compensation management process, while elevating HR’s conversations with managers about making decisions that are fair and consistent
- Provides clear visibility into whether employees are falling outside of recommended ranges with the Pay Equity report
ALCAL Industries is Central and Northern California’s largest independent electrical distributor. It is the parent company of Alameda Electrical Distributors and California Service Tool. The two subsidiaries have 12 branches, and provide one of California’s most respected offerings of electrical products, tools, tool rental and repair services, safety equipment, and project management.
Prior to UltiPro, the company developed a compensation plan with bands and ranges for managers to apply to their employees, tied to specific employee ratings. However, because managers completed this salary-planning process manually on spreadsheets, they had difficulty comparing how their employees were ranked within the company’s compensation system. In addition, HR was required to invest a substantial amount of time reviewing the data manually once it received the spreadsheets back from managers.
• UltiPro’s flexibility and analysis tools enable managers to identify pay disparities, even when men and women are in different roles with different pay ranges.
• UltiPro has made managers more sensitive to, and responsible for, a fair and equitable culture.
• The Pay Equity report is highly visual, easy to use, and simple to run because it is integrated into UltiPro Compensation Management.